[6pack] Fender Help?

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 23 09:51:07 MDT 2010

On Saturday, October 23, 2010 11:22:24 am John Cyganowski wrote:
> The front fenders are off.  The left one has some rust damage to the
> headlight region.  The rocker portion of that fender has rusted before and
> been repained with filler.
>
> The right fender has a moderate amount of rust in the headlight area and
> the rocker portion is pretty well gone.
>
> What are my options here?
>
> I suppose Heritage fenders are an option, but at >$600 each, that is a lot
> of money.  I have heard unsubstanciated rumors that these are made with
> thinner gauge metal and that the detail is soft and that they don't fit
> well.  Yet the vendors all describe these as OEM fenders that fit well and
> are the same as the originals.Can anyone comment?
>
> Sourcing used fender is a littlle problematic - these are going to be hard
> to find without rust.  I have seen some used fenders selling for all most
> as much money as the new ones. Commnets?
>
> I think I have seen that the rocker area on the TR250 fenders can be
> purchased as a "clip". Looks like Moss in the EU used to have clips for the
> TR6 but now these seem to be NLA?  Commnets?
>
> Fiberglass fenders are not an option for me on this car.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!
>
> John Cyg
> CC52927LO
> Damson
John,

I agree, fiberglass fenders are not an option. I tried them with the rears and
the fit was terrible. I ended up sourcing a pretty good used set from a guy in
Alabama. They were in very good condition and fit perfect.

The problem with the fronts is if rocker areas are gone you will have a hard
time repairing them. I dont think the repair clips are available. At least
when I tried to get a set for my 63 4 they were NLA.

 I sourced my rears from this real nice guy: Marv Gruber. His email address
is: mgruber921 at aol.com.

I think he has a barn full of 6 parts so you may want to fire an email to him.
Please mention my email address and the fact that he did a very good job for
me on my fender requirement. Price was right and he even shipped the fenders
to me before I sent the $ to him for the fenders and shipping.

Bob