[6pack] Hagerty rip off?

Vance Navarrette v.navarrette at comcast.net
Thu Sep 2 12:28:58 MDT 2010

	My experience was exactly the opposite.

	My agent wanted to write a regular policy for my car, costing in
excess of $500/year. I asked if there was any way to get a reduction,
since the car was only driven in fair weather, and was not my daily
driver. He said the only policy he offered was a collector policy, which
only permitted the car to be driven to and from car events such as shows
and parades.

	Hagerty issued a declared value policy for less than $150/year
with a couple of provisions:

	1. Car is stored indoors
	2. No teen drivers
	3. Not my daily driver
	4. Car is at least 25 years old

	No annual mileage limit and I did not need an appraisal. I
thought Hagerty was a screamin' deal.

	Vance