[6pack] ATF Fluid..... non Triumph

Vsnively at aol.com Vsnively at aol.com
Sat Sep 11 08:20:06 MDT 2010

Bob,

   The biggest enemy of ATF is heat. That's the main reason most  of it is
synthetic today. Synthetics were developed post-WWII for jet engine
bearings. We could build turbines, but the oil technology couldn't support the
lubrication requirements (heat and high RPMs).
  If it's a dark red or black, time to change, regardless of factory
service intervals.It's only $100 for a change. A rebuilt tranny is $2500.

Thanks,
Vic Snively
'75 TR6 w/AC

In a message dated 9/11/2010 10:14:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,