[6pack] Gas in the oil?

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Mon Sep 13 11:59:00 MDT 2010

John---I wouldn't try running the engine for long with so much gas diluting the oil. To help find the source, I'd first pinch off the fuel line to the carbs and drain the pan. Put the pan plug back in for an hour or so, then remove the plug again.  See if gas still comes out in the pan. If it still comes out (and the tank is still at least half full) the fuel pump diaphragm is likely the source of the leak. Otherwise, suspect that you have a stuck needle in the float chamber. Follow Berry's suggestion as to which carb.

Dick