[6pack] Clutch slave pushrod

William McIntire william.mcintire at wright.edu
Thu Sep 30 14:34:21 MDT 2010

I believe the 2,3,4's had a return spring on the slave cylinder. This would cause the SS piston to return to its 'home' position wherever that was. The adjustable push rod was needed to maintain proper clearance between the TO bearing and PP. The rods on the 6 just sort of float out there and clearance between PP and TO is minimal. Adjustable rod on the 6 will make no difference unless a return spring is attached to the clutch release arm as in TR4. At least that's how I remember it and  the more time that goes by the bigger the memory ? becomes.
Bill
'70 6   original owner