[6pack] BMW Z4 vs Triumph TR6

Dombey, John R. JOHN.R.DOMBEY at saic.com
Tue Jan 4 13:18:24 MST 2011

Bob,

I'll echo Sloane's praise for your comparison - I can't disagree with
any of it.  My wife has a 2003 Z4, and I drive a '69 TR6 daily, so I get
plenty of stick time in each.  The one thing you didn't mention that
stands out to me is the smoothness and power of the Z4 engine.  I'd love
to have that on tap in the TR6 (but I'd for sure have to do something
about the exhaust note...).  Oh, and the heated seats feel really good
too.

A number of years ago we took a lap of the country in the TR, and found
that you really can't carry on a conversation at speed with the top down
mostly due to wind noise and buffeting.  You can in the Z4, which is a
plus in the marital bliss department.

John
'69 TR6

<snip>