[6pack] Fw: BMW Z4 vs Triumph TR6

Jerry Guyot jguyot1 at maine.rr.com
Sun Jan 9 21:06:26 MST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Guyot" <jguyot1 at maine.rr.com>
To: <6pack at autox.team.net>; "Jay Welch" <jay_welch at juno.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: [6pack] BMW Z4 vs Triumph TR6

Hi Jay,

Well, I went from a 71 TR6  Which had gone through a complete body off
restoration 5 years previous to my purchasing it in 2005 and sold in 2007 to
purchase a 1999 BMW Z3m and yes, I have been very happy with my decision. I
really enjoyed the TR6 (Loved the exhaust note!!), but what I really wanted
was something that was more reliable. While I enjoyed working on it once in
a while, it just seemed that I was working on it more than I was driving it.
The things that I like about the Z3m was it styling and it reliability, it's
also dry during a rain storm! ;-). The heated seats on those cold mornings;
Also, when you put the windows up and the heater on, it is comfortable right
down to the low 50's!  The power!!!  240hp (The Z4m 315hp!) It still puts a
smile on my face every time I drive it......
The things that I don't like about the Z3m are it is not easy to work on
(Much more complicated) But I have not had hardly any problems with it. The
trunk is smaller than the TR6, and there is no space behind the seats.
Everything you buy for it is very expensive ... parts and accessories! I do
miss the "Sound" of the TR6 .... So, I finally just bought a new exhaust for
it..... Can't wait till spring ;-)
 But, I still have a "soft spot" for the TR6 (Which is why I still monitor
this list........)

Hope this helps......

Jerry in ME