[6pack] 1969 TR6, "not" on Ebay

Richard Seaton rsh17 at msn.com
Mon Jan 10 11:06:41 MST 2011

Ebay Item #130472191670

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130472191670&vi
ewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

There is a "1969" TR6 on Ebay which the guy is saying is a 69 really pushing
it as the 1st year, bad thing is it isn't. Only thing that might be from a 69
is the bumpers, steering colum, ign switch and vin plate. The Body
/engine/dash/door panels are from a latter 6. I don't think the seats are 69
ones either. The car is in Hawaii,  I asked the seller about it and here is
his reply.

My question-Do
 you know the history of this car? It looks more like a later year
body.As there are many things that are WRONG for a "69, wrong dash board
 and plinth knobs are incorrect., The motor or at least the carbs and
intake are incorrect, wind shield frame being painted black as '69's
were body color,, plus if an original overdrive car it should have a vin
 # ending in "O", plus gas cap should be magnetic, 2 switches in the
drivers "A" post are not right, latter model dist and and alternator,
dual exhaust pipes are also from a latter car, latter model door panels.

 The only thing that is correct are the seats, ignition switch placement
 and steering wheel, and vinn for a 69, if the motor is original the
number should end in HE.

It looks like a later model car w/ vinn
plate, seats, steering wheel and ignition switch from a 69. I don't
think you have what you are advertising as a 1969 TR-6.

His reply-Hello and thank you for you email,

   Truthfully I don't know too much of the car's history as I am sure it
 had a multitude of owners in the last 42 years. I acquired it in its
present state, and simply used it. It is possible that in the late 70's
or early 80's when these cars were "a dime a dozen" that the owner used
bits and pieces of a later donor car to keep his Triumph on the road.
The transmission I heard was upgraded with an overdrive one and hence I
suppose they must have had to take the steering column to make use of
the overdrive switch.  The original dash must have rotted away, as wood
does. Anything is possible with these cars really.  Only with an
original one owner car could you know the whole history.

Thanks again for your knowledge, I wish I knew more about the car to tell
you.

Richard Seaton