[6pack] TR-6 Fuel System Questions

Richard Lambour rlambour at comcast.net
Sun Jan 23 14:02:50 MST 2011

Hi,

I've asked some of these questions before, but a computer crash wiped out a
lot of my previous email files, so I'm asking again.

I have a 1970 TR-6 in the middle of a full restoration with a rotted fuel
tank.  The largest hole in the bottom is about the size of a quarter, but
there are several smaller holes in the same general area.  It appears the
anti-rattle felt somehow got wet for a while when the car was in storage and
wasn't kind to the tank.

The conservative engineer in me says don't mess around with anything holding
flammables and just replace the tank.  However, except for Victoria British,
all of the tanks are staggeringly expensive, basically out of my budget.
Do the VB tanks fit and work OK?

I'd also like to replace the fuel lines, but I can't find anyone who stocks
the metal fuel lines.  Any suggestions?  This seems to be an item I should
be able to pick up just about anywhere as long as I reproduce the width of
the original lines (???)

Thanks very much,

Rick

**

"To know what you know and to know what you don't know, that is real wisdom"
-Confucius