[6pack] Moss Sale on Quickrack

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Fri Jan 28 00:57:25 MST 2011

Bruce---Here's what I found after installing my Q-rack.
On the minus side, the steering was quite heavy when turning from slow speeds. I expected it to be about 30% harder to turn, but found it more like 50%. This was when running 28 lb. in the fronts. Increasing it to 40 lb. made it feel more like the original 3.5 turns, lock-to-lock, but of course the ride then became too sensitive to road bumps.
Alternate tire pressure gave some combo between the two.

On the plus side, the car became very responsive at speed, but not overly so. The heaviness now made the car feel like the front end was well planted.

I later sold the unit was sold to a well-known auto-xer, who says he doesn't find this  heaviness to be too much. (He likes it)! If he's looking in, he may give you his side, as he purchased it about three months ago.

For the street, I prefer the 3.5 ratio.

Dick