[6pack] New tires are rubbing

David Friedlander forzion7 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 21:34:31 MDT 2012

Bruce;

Been there, done that. Plus-one sizing runs risks, depending on your
suspension setup. Front upper wishbone arms will likely need to be ground
back (angle grinder) some, depending on your suspension. Also, depending on
your rear shock setup, there may be rubbing there as well. I have the tube
shock conversion kit and needed to grind them as well. Ignore it and you'll
eventually lose a nice set of tires. Also, if you smell burning rubber as
you drive, pay attention.....

Dave Friedlander
'74 Six w/TBI, running Plus-One Kumhos