[6pack] Stiff Choke Cable

Henri Lefebvre 75teer6 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 09:08:00 MDT 2012

If I recall the choke is meant to be stiff, by design at the dash
mount, so that the cable does not retract by itself. I believe the
shaft that the knob is attached to is notched and there is a a small
ball bearing in the mount to keep the choke at the point where it is
pulled.
I am writing from memory because my TR6 has triple webers and I do not
use the choke, although it is connected.

By contrast, on my MGB I have to twist/turn the choke knob a quarter
turn to keep it at a particular level.

Henri

--
Henri