[6pack] Stiff Choke Cable

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Tue Jul 10 13:03:18 MDT 2012

All---Some models of the TR6's CHOKE cables had stiff wire in them. These
retracted by merely pushing the knob* back into the dash. Other cables were a
soft braided wire, that relied on extension springs in the brackets to retract
them. The detent-like feature in the cable behind the knob holds both of these
styles of wire cables in place, when pulled out and turned* a quarter turn.
Bob had mentioned in his post that the cable pull seemed easy to operate when
detached at the carbs, indicating that the stiffness might be from somewhere
else in the choking operation.

Dick

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/75teer6@gmail.com

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/djfidler@rogers.com