[6pack] tr6 high idle continued - update

Dave dave at ranteer.com
Wed Feb 6 09:07:13 MST 2013

yesterday we did an interesting experiment.

we swapped carbs 1 (front) and 3 (rear, next to scuttle).  obviously we
couldn't connect the linkages, but everything else hooks up.

after getting the car warmed up (had to manually push on two of the carbs
accelerators to keep it going until then), I found that all three balanced
very nicely and the car idled along happily at about 1100 to 1200 rpm (this
car is rather modified so this is a good idle)

there was no more issue about one carb piston being higher or registering
differently on my flow meter.  all were nicely in sync at this point.

putting the carbs back where they belonged the problem returned.  this
problem was in evidence even with the accelerator linkage disconnected and
the clips on the throttle linkages loose.  the rear carb pulls way more air
than the other two, and the best I can do is about 2000 rpm idle