[6pack] tr6 high idle continued - update

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Wed Feb 6 17:05:02 MST 2013

I think the deafening sound of responses you are hearing now is the Triumph
list collectively scratching its head.  I was going for an out of alignment
throttle disc, but I don't think it would care which part of the manifold
the carb was linked to.   I assume the choke linkage is disconnected as
well.  The only thing I can think of, short of something out of place in
some way turning the throttle shaft when you put the carb on the back, is
that the manifold is maybe out of whack in some way, or at least out of
whack in some bizarre way that warps the back carb ever so slightly when
tightened down messing up the throttle shaft movement or creating a vacuum
leak, kind of like meshing the wrong piston with the wrong dashpot, both may
be within spec, but they don't play well together. sounds far fetched, even
to me.

The only other thought, is can you mark the throttle shafts or in some way
to determine if it is more open on the back carb than on the front?

Good Luck!

Greg Lemon
Triumph TR250