[6pack] Engine guys?

im sloane im_sloane at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 18 18:39:18 MDT 2014

Hey engine guys,
Having problems on the bearings on my Spit. Did the rod bearings a few months
ago, now doing the 3 mains. All of the bearing caps were real tight, but I got
them off, 1 at a time, and finally got the rear and middle done. Having a heck
it a time with the front. Every time I snug up the bolts at all, no torque, it
binds the crankshaft. I've taken it back off a dozen times. The top bearing on
the front was very tight, didn't slide easily around the shaft, but did't take
too much force to push it around. What am I missing?
thanks for any help,
Sloane