[6pack] Floorpan replacement and Rust repair quote...

James_ jattr6 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 11 10:28:19 MDT 2015

Hi Larry.
If I could get everything done that you had done for 10k I'd totally do it!
For JUST two areas (small areas) that need steel welded in and all flat panels he said it'd be two weeks of work at $80. Which is $6,400!
We are even at the floor pans yet.
Which he refused to do w/o the body removed. Then he goes on to say about powder coating the engine bay and sand blasting and then goes on to fixing other rust.

Now that I am stepping back and thinking...
I know when I lived back east, in the country there was a guy that I used for body work and paint. He does mostly restorations. He would have done an amazing job and probably charged $1,500 for the rust repair.
At the most.
What really ticked me off was this guy said he wanted to look at the car and would be able to give a more accurate cost. But then when he got there and is telling me how long it would take him he follows up with 'well it is $80 an hour but I don't dealing with billing. My parents do that'. What?
The whole reason was to get a damn close idea of what I could expect before taking to them and having the car held hostage.

Very annoying.