[6pack] Oil Pan bolts

James_ jattr6 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 16 19:23:45 MDT 2015

Ok. So while I and working on the engine bay and now waiting to figure out how to best repair the rusted out sections. (Hoping to get a section cut out of a donor car to save me fabricating metal and looking too Frankenstein)
I knew the oil pan gasket probably needed replacing. When I removed the bolts I noticed four longer bolts and three slightly longer the all the short ones. My Bentley manual said the four long ones go in the rear.
Hmm.
I know know why mine were not in the rear. The two center bolts bottom out on the aluminum rear seal unit!
Strange.
I checked and everything is aligned.

Surely someone else had this and knows what is up.

Then again, the bleed screws TRF 'lists' for my caliper (16bp I think) is NOT the correct threads. Mine are no. 10 fine metric.

Quirky weird stuff.

James
1976 TR6
Portland Oregon