[6pack] Oil pan bolts & other pan business

Yahoo brucesimms2003 at yahoo.ca
Thu Jun 18 10:25:51 MDT 2015

Did you mark down which bolts match with each hole?  I had a lot of fun doing repair with my pan off.   Replace thrust washers as needed, blueprint oil pump (more oil pressure),  clean out years of gunk in pan (check for bits!), install front steel sealing block (an upgrade),  helicoil several bolt holes, clean up rest of threads,  flatten ans smooth pan lip,  use gasket sealent to glue gasket to pan before installation.  Paint outside of pan.  Use toque wrench in a criss cross pattern to tighten bolts.    Voila - no leaks!
Use an inch lb torque wrench for low toque settings such as oil pump installation.   Don't ask me about this!
Cheers,  Bruce Simms