[6pack] Front End Dis-assy

John Cyganowski janah at att.net
Wed Oct 12 10:52:32 MDT 2022

2.??????Remove spring and spring pan (per Bentley)

Bruce-
Be very careful with this step. The spring pan is under considerable pressure from the shock spring. I don’t know your shop’s experience with these cars, but removing the spring pan without a spring compressor can cause injury and damage. The common spring compressors that fit to the outside of the spring in my mind are dangerous. You need a threaded rod type to put into place of the shock. Then you can decompress the spring safely. You can make a compressor, or I can lend you mine?
John Cyg70 DamsonCC52927LO