[Alpines] Tiger Temperature Sender

Carl McLelland carlynneracing at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 9 08:03:19 MDT 2009

I'm not familiar with the application so I can't be specific there, but here's
an alternative.

I'm guessing the manifold has an SAE 'pipe thread' and the sending unit has a
British pipe thread. They are close, but close only counts in horseshoes and
hand grenades. One alternative would be to plug the manifold with a brass plug
AFTER you have drilled and tapped the plug with the appropriate size British
tap.

Another solution would be to find a port in the cooling system where the
temperature sender could be threaded in but this may not be the ideal
solution.

Finally, you could call Dave Bean Engineering (209) 754-5802. Among other
things they are the authorized supplier for Lotus vintage parts. They sell
quite a variety of fitting and adapters specifically for adapting BSP to NPT
and BSP to AN; and vice versa. Dealing with Lotus racers the past 30+ years
they 'speak the language'.

Hope this helps..
    Carl    Lotus 61 FF