[Alpines] Sunbeam SOS in Columbia, South Carolina Sept. 12th

Eric Gibeaut sunbeams at sc.rr.com
Sat Jul 11 11:14:13 MDT 2009

Come join a crowd of Sunbeam owners at the 3rd Annual Sunbeam Owners of
the South car show and Sunbeam weekend. We will have a group drive,
picnic, photo shoot, ice cream run, BBQ drive, swap meet, hospitality
suite and lots of Sunbeam talk. On Sept. 12th we will join up with the
local Columbia British car club at their annual show at a beautiful
lakeside park that has lots of shade. Don't miss the fun! All Rootes
cars are welcome.
See this website for more information and registration for the show and
hotel info.
http://www.bccmc.com/index.php/carolina_british_classics_iii/

Tentative schedule for the SOS
Dates for event September 11th - 13th, 2009
Location is Columbia, South Carolina
Host Motel is The Hampton Inn - Vista Location
Web Site for Motel:
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/g...11/index.jhtml
Registration Form for car show on Saturday:
http://www.capitalfinancialpartners....gistration.pdf

Tentative agenda:

September 11th, 2009
Meet at the Hampton Inn - Vista location at 3:00pm
At 3:30 PM Leave the Hampton Inn in a Sunbeam convoy to Lake Murray drive
across the Saluda Shoals dam (Lake Murray dam) Then into the park area
around 4:00pm.
At 4:00pm we will have a professional photo shoot with the lake in the
background. To have you and your car in the photo shoot is $10.00 per car.
At 4:30 PM we leave the photo area and go 500 feet to the cookout shelter.
>From 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM we will have our cookout, parts swap and meeting on
the planning of Invasion 2010.
At 6:00 PM we will convoy about 8 miles to a local deli for our Ice Cream
dessert.
At 7:00 PM we will drive back to the Hampton Inn - Vista for the hospitality
party that runs till 10:00 PM

On September 12th, 2009
The group will enjoy the all British car show - Carolina British Classics
III at Weston Lake till 4:00 PM.
Registration for the show starts at 8:30 AM through 12:00 noon.
At 4:30 PM we will convoy to a BBQ restaurant in Elgin, SC for dinner
together. This will be about a 20 mile convoy together.
At 6:30 PM we will leave to go to Eric Gibeaut's house to tour his
collection of Sunbeams, Minis and other British memorabilia. This is only
about 2 miles from the BBQ restaurant.
After dinner we will convoy back to the Hampton Inn and enjoy some free time
in the Vista where the party is always going on.

On September 13th, 2009
We have the hospitality room reserved for our group if we want to use it for
something on Sunday morning - this is yet to be determined. We could use it
as our breakfast area.