[Alpines] Weber question

spmdr at juno.com spmdr at juno.com
Tue Jul 14 09:24:50 MDT 2009

FYI,

 If you have a stumble just off idle and a bit of warm hard starting, you
most likely have a 55 primary idle pilot jet.

That is what I have seen in ALL of the new carbs for the last several
years.

No amount of adjustment or changing main jets will fix the problems of a
TOO small idle jet !

...guess how I know!

I have found 60 is the magic number for the primary idle pilot jet.

...65 is TOO big and 70 is unthinkable, at least with a street cam.

 ...But 55 may be usable at higher altitudes!

I have not seen the need to mess with the secondary idle pilot jet.

My $.02

  DW