[Alpines] AVOID UPS

Barry Hayes bhayes at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 16 10:09:58 MDT 2009

If you're dealing with a seller who wants to rip you off, you lose.
UPS, FedEx, PayPal, EBay .. they are just tools being used by someone
who is trying to rip you off. End of story. People who want to rip you
off can use these or other tools to do so.

Someone who wants to rip you off can send you a box with nothing in
it. Everything look FINE on the record, for the seller. All the
tracking, reciept, money transfer. Except you say "I got an empty box"
and the seller says "I sent you the Hope diamond".

All anyone knows is that one of you is a liar ..