[Alpines] S2 HELP

Tony Somebody achd73 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 10:42:49 MDT 2012

My main concer is he changeed the battery from a positive ground syestem to a
negative. I know if I try to use a S5 gauge it wont work unless I use a
bimetal strip or buy one that a cpl of the Tiger guys have available and are a
very good replacement. Im thinking its easier to install a small one wire so I
have very littlle wiring to do. The chap wants to drive the car BUT I woulddnt
let a gas gauge stop me and I would have the generator rebuilt IF needed and
the control box checked or replaced- we have a great local shop that works on
Terrys Jaguars starters, generators ,alternators for all who have an idea who
Bill Terry is or his Jaag parts business.. Again, does anyone see or know if I
should do anything different now that he changed the battery around- his
reason- so his radio would work. I told him I think I could fix that simple
item if changing thing back to positive grnd would make things charge etc- .I
have some electrical experience BUT Ive
 never worked on a car that was positive grnd and so if changed what else I
must do???Thanks in advance again.
TonytheTiger
PS- I need a S2 fuel gauge IF anyone has a good one. Otherwise I will have his
rebuilt. Hughie, the Scottish owner works for JOY and install long wall
syestems at coal mines all over the world- so he is gone for 6 weeks to 2
months at a time on ocassion- Im tierd of working on his car as I have my own
Beams that need attention but he is a decent Chap who needs help or he tends
to rig it like a coal miner would- with a hammer and tie wire or black tape.
Just want this Alpine back on nthe road, it is a beauty.