[Alpines] S2 HELP

peter at wizardclassics.co.uk peter at wizardclassics.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 15:32:50 MDT 2012

As long as the dynamo has been replaced by an alternator and the battery
polarity reversed the car should start and run. As long as the gauges have
been changed for ones from a SV there should be nothing else to worry about.
Of course, if the alternator is the older type then you will need the
correct regulator and to connect the ignition warning light appropriately,
if you have the later 16ACR or similar, that makes for an easier swap.
Let's go back to square one. What is actually working/not working?
It's probably easier to swap a car from pos ground to neg. ground than to
completely safely isolate a radio from the vehicle metalwork to run it on
opposite polarity.

Pete