[Autojumble] Message rec'd STAN Carlisla Import show, my thoughts Used ignition switch

Pete Groh petegroh at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 10:00:13 MDT 2011

Stan, I did see your posting.

I was not set up as a vendor in PA this past
week.
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/import/

I did attend thurday
thru Saturday. On my shopping list was any early British ignition switch with
letters/number on the face of the insert. I also need a trunk handle that will
take a FA key, number stamped on the steel shaft will be in the number range
501-625.

There were vendors with switch with the key code number on the face
of the insert, some with keys, some without. I had a list of all of my pre-cut
FA, FP, FS series lock insert in my possession. When I seen a vendor I knew
who had a switch without a key, suggest that I pull the lock insert out of his
switch, insert a duplicate lock insert with a key code and a wilmot breeden
key for his re-sale. In two cases, could not remove the lock insert out of the
switch since the wafer/pins had corrosion. I could not position the lock
insert to depress the pin to removed it.

It appears that vendors could sell a
used switch with the lock insert removed. The buyer may want a spare for his
car, and can replace his present lock insert into the used switch.

Pete Groh
(KeyGuy)
Ellicott City, Md. 21042-3647 U.S.A.

--- On Mon, 5/23/11, Stan
<datstan at juno.com> wrote:

> From: Stan <datstan at juno.com>
> Subject:
[Autojumble] Message to see if list is running
> To: autojumble at autox.team.net
> Date: Monday, May 23, 2011, 8:50 AM
> I subscribe to another car team list

and it has been dead for more than a