[Bmcu] The very first Triumph sports car ever made!

DUFF LAWSON duff_lawson at msn.com
Fri Apr 13 11:17:20 MDT 2012

Greetings Gentlemen and Ladies, time to "Start Your Engines". The final arrangements are underway for our clubs visit with TS1 LO, the very first Triumph sports car ever made!  The details are as follows. Dr. Phil Hoopes lives at 1 Trendland Cove, in Sandy, UT, which is approximately 2455 E. on Pepperwood Drive.  Pepperwood, can be accessed from Wasatch Blvd or take 106th South St. east from the freeway until it ends. Take a right and then the first left onto Pepperwood Dr for about a 3/4 of a mile drive.
This is a gated community, so you will need to check in at the guard station in the left lane. Please try to arrive between 9 and 10 am on Saturday, May 5th, as this will help minimize the confusion for the guard.  We can't park on Pepperwood Drive but we can park in the cul-de-sacs near the house or up by the clubhouse and plan on a short walk.
Sadly, Joe Richards, (the restorer) is in poor health and will be unable to attend but Phil will have all of the pictures and scrapbooks from the restoration available for your viewing pleasure.  Phil also owns 7 other old British sports cars and 1 Porsche (hey, everybody is entitled to 1 misdirected acquisition!  Just don't let it happen again Phil. Think, breathe, eat, sleep and occcassionally bleed British, that's our motto.)  All of them will also be available to see. We will plan to leave the house around noon for a drive up Little Cottonwood Canyon and have lunch at one of the restaurants up there.
This is an incredible opportunity for the club to see a truely amazing and historically significant car, so lets make it a great turn out!  Any additional questions, email me.
Duff (GG Retired)