[Bmcu] ethanol and fuel additives

Gary Lindstrom gary at cs.utah.edu
Sat Aug 18 17:51:34 MDT 2012

My 2p (pence):

1) The best additive to counteract ethanol in gas is Stabil Marine. The
ordinary Stabil helps, but the marine grade Stabil is specifically
formulated to deal with ethanol in engines that weren't made to deal
with it.  I bought mine at State Trailer Supply, about 3500 S. Redwood
Road in West Valley.

2) See (1).
     --Gary

p.s. If your engine does not have hardened valve seats you might
consider using a lead substitute in your gas. Note this counteracts the
absence of lead, and has nothing to do with ethanol in fuel.

p.p.s. I was not at the Cars-n-Coffee so I'd like to hear what wisdom
was dispensed there.