[Bmcu] Bought a Mini!

Brad Parkin bparkin at hoglezoo.org
Fri May 3 15:05:38 MDT 2013

Hi all - I've enjoyed the recent 'back and forth' about vintage plates.  Let
me add my 'two shillings' worth since I just went through this the other
day.  The not-so-nice DMV lady (SL County) insisted I understand that once
you get vintage plates, you need to have evidence of an annual safety
inspection in the car along with the registration to present in case you are
pulled over. You don't need a safety inspection to register for vintage
plates but if you do not have the evidence of a safety inspection and you
are driving the car anywhere but to a parade, show etc., the officer can and
will impound your car.  I went ahead with the vintage plates anyway.  And I
was registering both my LBCs.  So there you have it.  Oh, and if your car is
between 31 and 39 years old, you still have to pay the full registration
renewal on the car.  40 years or older is only a $10 renewal.  The upside is
no emission test is required for cars over 30 years of age.

My personalized plates, by the way:

For my TR6:        QWIK6

For my TR250:    PDQTR

Brad