[Bmcu] Got ZINC ?

memorablemotorcars at comcast.net memorablemotorcars at comcast.net
Tue May 28 17:35:57 MDT 2013

I will vouch for the need for Zinc Additive. I lost the camshaft in my 36 Ford ( 468 Cid) It was a fresh build with a ton of money invested. Being in the business I have built hundreds of engines over the years and never had a problem. After the failure I contacted Comp. Cams which had built the camshaft and got this reply " No zinc additive, no warranty" . Zinc additive is needed in every engine unless you have roller tappets. I add it to Every engine I touch without exception. It was an expensive lesson.
Mike Sorensen