[Bmcu] Another Impromptu Drive

R J DAVIS rogerdavis87 at msn.com
Wed Oct 30 18:59:00 MDT 2013

OK, people, I know that there has got to be many of you who, like Jill & I, were not able to go on the drive last Sunday.  Well, here is your opportunity to get your LBC out one more time, while the weather is still conducive to top down driving.  And for those who went last Sunday, well, here is another chance for you, also.

Saturday is supposed to be sunny with high temps in the mid to high 60's.  Perfect LBC conditions.

We will meet at the Flying J station in SLC at 900 West and 2100 South at 10:30AM for a 10:45AM departure.

As for the route, we will head west on U-201, then North on I-215 and up Legacy Hwy to US 89
(AKA the Mountain Rd), continuing North past the mouth of Weber Canyon  to Harrison Blvd in Ogden.  North on Harrison to Ogden Canyon.  We will have a short stop at the mouth of Ogden Canyon at Rainbow Gardens, to pick up people from the north and have a restroom break.  Then East up
Ogden Canyon,  to Trappers Loop Rd, South on Trappers Loop (U-167)  to the road that runs along
side I-84.  East on that road to Morgan.  Hop on I-84 for the short run
to the Taggart exit( #108) and lunch.

I know that 's where the club had lunch last week, but I also heard, that many people wanted to go back.  Those of us who missed it, want the experience, too!   :-)   Great hamburgers!!!!

After lunch, we will continue East on
 I-84 to Henefer and then South on U-65, going past East Canyon Res and
heading up East Canyon.  At the Emigration Jct people could choose
whether to go down Parley's Canyon or turn right and take Emigration Canyon, to the Salt
Lake valley.

This route would hopefully change last Sunday's route enough, that those participants may want to take
another drive.

So, there you have it.  Another beautiful day for cruisin' in our LBCs through fantastic scenery.

See you all this Saturday at the Flying J, 900 West  2100 South in SLC at 10:30AM!

Roger D