[Bricklin] Replacement Shifters

Greg Schroeder gschroeder at comcast.net
Tue Aug 11 09:32:53 MDT 2009

I have posted this question on the forum also, but normally get a quicker
response from this email list.

Has anyone replaced their stock automatic shifter with another kind of floor
shifter? With the 700-r4 transmission replacement the stock shifter arm hits
the top of the transmission. I was hoping to use the stock shifter, but looks
like I will need a cable shift type. I need to find a suitable replacement
that looks good and will fit over the stock shifter console and look decent.

I am currently using a camaro shifter just to test drive the car, but it is to
large to fit in to the space.

Greg 0036