[Bricklin] Repairing Wheels

JLC breton48 at live.com
Tue Mar 22 11:00:04 MST 2011

George wrote:

Theoretically one can get the wheels reconditioned and balanced, so they do
not shake.  I've been planning to call Wheel Collision Center in Bath, PA.
(http://www.wheelcollision.com)  They seem to be still in business, but has
anyone used them recently?

Also has anyone noticed that the BFG tires are getting difficult to find,
and Price/Costco seem to be the only place that can get them.

Yes, you can have the wheels repaired - and it might make sense for you if
you can have a good deal locally.  I was quoted $95 (plus tax and shipping)
per wheel for truing, and then I would have had to pay to have the tires
dismounted before sending the wheels for repair, then pay again to have the
tires remounted and balanced.  I bought the new wheels for $129 each, plus
tax, no shipping and free tire mounting. For the difference, I chose to buy
new wheels.

JLC