[Bricklin] 74 seat belt interlock

John T. Blair jblair1948 at cox.net
Fri Jan 26 16:49:07 MST 2018

Hey gang,

I've said for a long time, that my wiring diag. is for a 75 but will mostly
work on a 74.  There are only a couple of circuits that are
different, the starting circuit with the  neutral park safety and
seat belt interlock system,
the alternator & voltage regulator and the ignition - points vs electronic
ignition.

Well, I'm trying to help a friend with a 74 that doesn't want to start.  When
the key is in the start position, no power to the starter solenoid so the
engine won't turn over.  I'm assuming that the problem has to do with the
neutral park safety and seat belt interlock system.

Supposedly there was something back in 75 or 76 about defeating the seat
belt interlock.  Anyone have any ideas how to do it?

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net

Morgan:    www.team.net/morgan
Bricklin:     www.bricklin.org

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

---