[Bricklin] 74 Speedometer/Cable

Alan Coleman colemaal at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 6 07:21:02 MDT 2018

I found that after sitting on a shelf for 20 years, my speedometer no longer
works. After checking the transmission end of the cable, I pulled the
speedometer.  There is a plastic/nylon piece about 1" long that slips over the
end of the cable that goes into the speedometer.  Just wondering if this is
part of the cable, or part of the speedometer.  I'm sending the speedo to a
VDO authorized repair shop and don't want to send the plastic piece, and risk
having it lost, if it's not part of the speedo.  Repair person I was speaking
with wasn't really sure and said it should be permanently attached to the
cable.  Thinking about it though, the speedometer was probably much older than
he is.  Thanks in advance!

Alan Coleman

#246 Original Owner