[PreWar] oil pump mesh/strainer

johno8 at aol.com johno8 at aol.com
Wed Oct 5 14:11:41 MDT 2011

 Yes, owners manual calls for 30 as back then multi-grade did not exist.  Oil
has come a long way!

Are you familiar with:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com

Suggest you sign up.  If interested, read my posts: vintageant

Read the Oil 101 and you'll see why lighter is better.  My two Alvis run on
15W/40 and 20W/50 respectively, and I'd recommend Shell Rotella 15W/40 diesel
oil for you for regular running, but the 0W/20 for start-up and if you are not
getting up to operating temps.  You won't damage anything with light oil at
cool temperatures.

Yes, MMM is Marvel.

Keep us posted!

John