[British-cars] 1967 MGB / smog on change of ownership question

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Nov 7 07:18:14 MST 2009

> Now, as I understand it, when one sells a car in CA, it is
> the seller's responsibility to provide a smog certificate
> with the car, which would probably be difficult.

Fortunately, this is now only a requirement for newer cars.  Your 67 MGB is
exempt, even when you sell it.

But if you haven't put it on non-op or kept it registered, you may want to
sell it out of state anyway.  Those registration penalties really add up;
and the DMV won't transfer the title until they are paid.

Randall