[British-cars] 1967 MGB / smog on change of ownership question

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Sat Nov 7 08:37:40 MST 2009

There were no federal standards for emission controls prior to
1968.  As far a I know, no car produced before 1968 model year is
subject to emission test anywhere in North America.  Some states do
have safety inspections separate form emission test that may be
required for any car.  Then again, I'm no expert on California's
wierd auto inspection laws.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com