Run to The Ranch

Steve Day britishcarranch@hotmail.com
Mon, 06 Sep 2004 12:59:21 +0000

Hello to our new friends !
Thank you all for taking the weekend to drive to our home and spend that
great Sat. with us .
We have been in great expectation for months , looking forward to that day ,
and you made it an outstanding success ! To look out and see 17 Healey`s , (
and 4 BJ9`s) shining in the sun was fantastic.You all came so  ready to
smile and have a great time , and share your fellowship with us ,  we were
thrilled and felt blessed to have you !!

I had so much fun during the TLC session , I really appreciated Craig`s
timely input .....and yes , even his warped humor ! ( Ron , your car SHOULD
be all back together soon so you can pick it up and drive again ! )

How about 43 people crammed into our living room for dessert and the meeting
?! That was a riot, thanks Walt for doing such a great job  handling the
Pres`job ! ( watch for him on the ballot in the future !! )

Jan and Dennis just  couldn`t sit still and relax , so they brought regalia
and set up shop for us all to enjoy . So many of you ladies jumped in and
helped with the food and clean up , when it was all over , laurie and I
didn`t have any cleanup at all !!

How about those un-invited guest`s ? Laurie and I spent 3 months killing
wasps , used the latest technology during the lunch , ( did you notice the
blue buckets with the weenies in them suspended over water ? ) and they
still showed up , Millie gets the purple heart for her bite and bravery! So
next year , we will have the food set up in the shop kitchen and the tables
in the shop where we can be un-bugged !

And then that pleasant drive through the orchards along the river !Looking
over our shoulder at 17 gleaming Healeys roaring through the valley, what a
great memory ! Did anybody have a panic attack when you came around the
corner, up the ramp to the ancient bridge with the narrow wooden planks to
fit on ? There were no sharks in the water, contrary to popular belief ! I
did wonder if the Spites were going to fit though .

Laurie and I thank each of you for a memorable day !!! If the club agrees ,
we would love to be a yearly summer event !
steve and laurie day