Father's Day

PlaneZany@aol.com PlaneZany@aol.com
Sun, 15 May 2005 22:19:26 EDT

Healeyphiles:  Jo Ann Smith from the LIFE CARE CENTER OF AUBURN  called and
asked me if our club would like to join the MG Club on Father's Day  the 19th
of June.  They will display their cars for the patients at the  center.  Some
of these patients are long term care individuals that are  recovering from
varying illnesses, medical problems, accidents or  operations.  This is an
alternative to staying in the hospital.  She  feels that it will lift some of their
spirits to have a diversion from their  situations if they can look at our
beautiful automobiles. Our club was the  only club that showed up last year.  Many
other clubs were invited but  Cascade was the only one to bring their cars.
It will be from 2pm to 4pm.  It's only 2 hours out of your day to  bring a
little pleasure into someone's life. I know it's Father's Day, but if  you're
not doing anything, why not show up?
The address is 414 17th St. S.E. across from the Holy Family Catholic  Church
in Auburn.  The cross streets are A & 17th.
We could meet for lunch and drive en mass to the facility.  We will  park
under the building in the shade in their parking lot.
We could rub elbows with the MG crowd and let them see what real British
cars should look like.
Jim McDermott--Could you please post something on the web  page?

Thanks,

Dennis  Saxon