Fw: Nelson BC Meet

Robert Poague rapoague@comcast.net
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:26:04 -0800

Cascade List,

We received the following message from Bill Bolton, Austin Healey Club of
Oregon. It will be of interest to anyone planning to go to the Rendezvous 2006
in Nelson, BC.
Bob & Millie

 Are you going to HR2006 at Nelson?  Healey Northwest at Astoria?  If so, we
will be delighted to see you there.
     If there is enough interest, after Nelson we are thinking of guiding a
tour to Lake Louise, Baniff, Glacier Natl. Park, Kalispell, Lewiston [old
grade], Nez Perce Center, White Bird Mountain, Hells Canyon, Fossil Beds,
Sisters.  If you are interested let us know.  541-895-5576 or tricarb@aol.com
    We did this before and it was a lot of fun.  We will arrange for
accommodations and meals/lunches along the way, with a written historic
commentary as to what you are viewing along the way, with time to enjoy the
scenery and  parking lot tire kicking with friends new and old.
    You can break off of the tour where ever you want.  For example, Jim
Morrison left the group at Kalispell last time and headed north.
    Talk it up at the Cascade Meetings and have persons contact us.  It there
is enough interest we will set it up.
    We had 38 Healeys last time.  Quite a sight to see 38 Healeys in a row
traveling at speed in the early morning through the Canadian Rockies.  Great
photo ops.  We were spread out for 2 miles, considering the safe separation
between cars.  Bring your camera!!
    When we got to the East entrance of the Glacier Park, everyone was on
their own to view, photo, lunch, drive or just enjoy the view.  We grouped up
again at the West entrance.
    The advantage of going in the East entrance is that the driver gets a
chance to see the view since you are on the inside of the road.  Further the
turnoffs are on the right so on coming traffic has to cross over you.
    Let us know if you are interested and passed this on to the Cascade Healey
Club?
    Cheers, Bill/Pat