More on distributers

Haluk Taysi roadsters at taysi.net
Mon Feb 11 04:04:59 MST 2008

First, thank you for all who responded to my question regarding Pertronix. Can
anyone help me identify two distributers which belong to our Sprite Mk 1 here
in Germany,
1) When we bought the car in 1989 it came with a distributer numbered 43D4,
yes it is 43 and not 45D4 (other numbers: 41403D   1099) and it is without a
vacuum advance unit. I had a lot of problems adjusting it   but I got it
figured out but never very happy with it. Which Brit does this distributer
belong to? I want to install the one noted below.
2) I have another distributer which I think is an original Sprite Mk 1 one, in
very good shape but I can4t identify it based on the numbers on it: 40561F
BN260   859. Is this a 25D4? It has a vacuum advance unit. The car is positive
earth.
Cheers,
Haluk