SENATE BILL 6923, Your new gas tax

Bob Poague rapoague at comcast.net
Wed Feb 27 12:49:51 MST 2008

Here's another one, but it looks like it's dormant for now. (See bill
summary and responses to my query below, and attachment for the full bill.)
Bob
SUMMARY of SB 6923:

15 (b) Passenger vehicles that have an established EPA fuel economy

16 rating must be taxed according to the EPA fuel economy rating as

17 follows:

18

19

EPA Fuel Economy Rating

(Miles Per Gallon)

Tax Tons CO2

(12,000 Vehicle Miles Traveled)

20 10 or fewer MPG $240 12

21 11 MPG $220 11

22 12 MPG $200 10

23 13-14 MPG $180 9

24 15-16 MPG $160 8

25 17-18 MPG $140 7

26 19-21 MPG $120 6

27 22-26 MPG $100 5

28 27-34 MPG $80 4

29 35-48 MPG $60 3

30 49+ MPG $40 2

31 (c) Passenger vehicles that do not have an established EPA fuel

32 economy rating must be taxed according to their engine displacement

33 size as follows:

p. 3 SB 6923

1

2

Engine Displacement/Size

(Liters)

Tax

3 4.0 L or more $240

4 3.0 L to less than 4.0 L $180

5 1.5 L to less than 3.0 L $120

6 Less than 1.5 L $80

--- END ---

SB 6923

Robert:

Thank you for your e-mail.  SB 6923 missed the cut-off date to pass out
of the Transportation Committee and also missed the deadline for bills
to pass out of their House of Origin.  Therefore, it is very unlikely
that this bill will be successful this Session.

Sincerely,

Richard DeBolt
Republican Leader
20th Legislative District
(786) 786-7896

..................As for Senate Bill 6923, this bill is also currently dead
for this session.  The bill was referred into the Senate Transportation
Committee, but also never received a public hearing.

Again, thank you for your email, if you have any other questions or
concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best Wishes,

Senator Dan Swecker
20th Legislative District
(360) 756.763