NW Meet

bjd97 bjd97 at juno.com
Mon Sep 28 14:20:50 MDT 2009

Weekend photos are posted.  Just a sampling as I took 179!  Mostly at the
aviation and space museums (for you, Craig!), where it was hard to take
pictures that don't turn out to be a big jumble!

We led three Canadian cars northward Sunday morning (Brian and Carole
Drab, Rick and Marti Bjorndahl, Gordy and Billie McGloughlin - sorry for
any misspells!)  They kept insisting they weren't going to buy gas until
they got out of Oregon, due to different filtering specs.  Brian got not
quite to the top of the Longview bridge over the Columbia River....and
ran out of gas!  With Brian holding a blanket between cars (then a found
styro cooler lid), and Carole steering, Rick was able to nudge with his
car until they crested the peak and were able to coast down and off the
bridge.  In the mean time we, Gordy and Billie, after  our first worried
puzzlement as to what happened, waited for them at Starbucks,
conveniently located a few hundred feet from the end of the bridge.  We
continued north on 411, and after lunch at Mrs Beesleys near Vader they
got on I-5, heading for Port Townsend for the night.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tesla314mom/

See y'all Saturday!
Beckie Daniels