Healey for sale

Dennis planezany at aol.com
Mon Apr 18 21:03:15 MDT 2011

EBAY item #120713262104  Pictures available at the site.

You are bidding on a 1966 Austin Healey 3000 MK111 BJ8 and was owned for 33
years by the same family. I purchased this Healey last fall in the bay area of
California.I now have a new clear Oregon title on the car. The original color
was British Racing Green with black interior. It has had a driver quality
paint job sometime in the past and now has chips and scratch`s that have been
touched up with a brush. There is a small dent on the drivers door near the
front on the swedge line. The paint has good gloss to it and shows well from
20 feet away.The dog leg area of the rear fenders is the first place that will
rust and this area at the bottom of the front part of the rear fenders has
been patched in the past and would benefit from a better repair. The end of
the rocker panel will also rust in this same area and this did and was not
repaired. There was a repair on the under side of the right front fender that
you can see but only if you are looking up at on a lift. The rest of the body
is in nice condition and still has the original floors in good condition. The
frame is straight and rust free with the exception of a nickel size hole on
the left front outrigger and the right front outrigger is solid but has a big
dent in it from hitting something. The frame rails are very straight with no
signs of any accidents. The body is in good condition with nice door gaps but
whoever repaired the dogleg area made the panel patch a little too flat as it
doesn`t match the conture of the door edge as good as they should, a easy
repair to make it right. The chrome is decent but the rear bumper is dented
near the over riders.
  The interior is till original with the exception of the installation of a
new Moss Mtrs. carpet kit and a new English Walnut burl dash, and new covering
on the upper door padded rails. The top is newer and in good condition and the
rear window is clear.The convertible boot is original and in nice condition.
The vent window handle on the drivers side is missing but they are available
from Moss Mtrs. and the fuel gauge is not working right, the car has about 1/2
tank of fresh gas in it but the gauge only shows just below 1/4. The close up
picture of the RH dash section looks like theres `s a line in the door, it`s
just a reflection . The windshield is the factory original TRIPLEX and is in
excellant condition with no scratches.
  The odometer currently shows 83,735 miles which I believe to be original as
there is a service sticker on the LH door from British Automotive Service in
Palo Alto dated 5/16/1984 and shows a milage of 82,973. That`s 762 miles in 27
years! I have receipts for the following work.
3/5/1997  replace water pump, rear mufflers, rebuild transmission and
overdrive, front wheel bearings and seals, misc  $2137.00  milage 83,303
11/25/1997  rebuild brakes, new rear shoes, new e-brake cable, rebuild
carburrators, rebuild clutch master cylinder, misc.  $1666  milage 83,303
12/19/2006  new dual polarity fuel pump  $154.93
1/18/2007  boil aut gas tank, acid wash and Poly coat.  $135.00
1/28/07  Sears  Diehard battery  $82.00
7/6/2007  Firestone  4 new tires, tubes, and rim liners  $384.81
2/17/2011  new power brake servo, rebuild front calipers with new pistons,
reverse polarity on tach to neg. ground, rebuild carburators, tune up, fuel
filter, misc  $1499.00
3/29/2011  new carpet, misc interior work, install new dash.  $2466.00
I was told by the owner that the engine was rebuilt but could not find paper
work. It runs like it was and has excellent oil pressure and a compression
test showed 155 lbs. on all 6 cylinders. The car drives great, lots of power
and the overdrive works like it should and the gears are great. The wheels are
the original Dunlop painted 60 spoke and in nice condition. The tires were put
on in 2007 but still show the blue line on the tread from new. This is a car
that you can enjoy now and maybe do a new paint job in the future. The BJ8`s
ride a lot smoother than the earlier cars but has a lot more power rated at
150. The BJ8`s also have the best potential of appreciation in the future of
any of the big Healey`s with the exception of factory certified 100M`s or
original factory race cars.
  The car is sold AS IS with no warranty of any kind. The car is for sale
locally so I have the option of ending the auction early if I sell it
locally.
  A non-refundable deposit of $1,000.00 is due within 48 hours af the end of
the auction and the balance due within 7 day`s. I do take pay pal for
deposits
For more information on the car call me at 541 933 2016 or healeylane at att.net
The buyer is responsible for for pickup and any shipping costs.