Healey windshield wiper assembly

Horn, Granville GHorn at ci.kent.wa.us
Tue May 3 13:33:21 MDT 2011

Has anyone ever taken the motor and cable assembly apart to clean and
re-grease?  While trying to connect the power to the motor, I undid the cable
from the motor and noticed the grease in the cable sheath was more like putty
than grease.  I'd like to disassemble the cable/sheathing from the wiper posts
and motor unit, but seek wisdom before I disassemble.  I know the cable is one
piece and the sheathing is in sections.  Do the locations along the cable,
where the wiper posts connect and go through the cowling, have to be at an
exact spot on the cable, or is there some adjustment available at the posts in
order to facilitate putting the posts back through the cowling?  If this is
confusing, visualize lying on your back in the foot well of the Healey and
looking up at the device, it will make perfect sense.