[cahc] More Room in the boot for packing

Ron Layton pooksnbubble at frontier.com
Tue Sep 8 18:00:02 MDT 2015

Hi All,

Dianne & I go to Rendezvous, NW Meets and as many club tours as we can in
our 1960 BN7.  Tahoe Rendezvous was 9 days on the road and the NW Meet in
Florence this year will be 6.  Packing space is limited.  We have always
taken 2 canvas collapsible chairs.  They each measure 36 inches long and 6
inches in diameter and are awkward to pack around.  They take up alot of
space.

I called the Driftwood Shores in Florence where we will stay for 3 days for
the NW Meet.  I explained to Britany that we would be there for 3 days with
a swarm of other Austin Healeys.  I explained that they were small British
sports cars with limited packing space in the boot.  I also told her that
usually we congregate out in the parking lot where we tell lies about our
cars and our experiences in them.  I asked her if each room had 2 plastic or
fiberglass patio chairs and they do.  I asked if it would be OK to take them
out to the parking lot for our get togethers.  She checked with the manager
and its OK.

Consequently, we will not be taking our chairs with us which will give us
alot more room for important things like Kahlua and Vodka.  From being in
the advance scouting party, I know that where we are staying in Leavenworth
next year for the NW Meet also has the patio chairs ffor each room so we
won't have to take them there.

Cheers,
Ron Layton