[Chapman-era] What kind of rear axle is in this Caterham?

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Wed Mar 4 21:36:59 MST 2009

What kind of rear axle is in this Caterham?

The seller stated that it was a Marina/Ital, but the gearset I bought for it does not look like it will fit.  I think it may be a Ford Escort, but I have no idea what they look like.

See
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier/sets/72157614748727565/
for pictures of the axle in the car and pictures of the purports-to-be-Marina gearset.

There are 8 mounting holes on the gearset.  The spacing does not seem to match the studs on the axle.

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L   1979 Caterham 7
1993 Suburban  1994 Miata C-package  2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums   http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier