[CDO] Joe Merli

Roger Garnett rwgarnett at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 09:18:43 MDT 2016

Unfortunately, Joe Merli has also passed. Marilyn sent me this:

I regret to inform you that Joe Merli has also passed away this past
February 13.  As you know through the articles in the CDO newsletter he had
been battling leukemia for over two years and the disease finally won the
fight.

Joe had written a series of articles on his rebuilding the 1897 High Wheel
Gasoline Motor Carriage and the 1899 Stanhope electric Olds.  These are
being printed in the National Antique Oldsmobile Club newsletter as a
series.  Parts 1 and 2 have already been printed in past editions and parts
3 and 4 are coming up soon on the 1897.  I am currently keeper of all of
Joe's research and progress information on these projects, I expect they
will eventually be turned over to the Olds Museum in Lansing, MI.

Marilyn Miles (Joe's life partner of 32 years)

----

Roger

rwgarnett at gmail.com